Monday, February 3, 2014

Carrying you, Imogen (A letter to Sprout II)

I'm around 33 weeks pregnant, today. You should be here in the beginning of April. 
This pregnancy hasn't been very different from my experience with your brother, which is nice. 
I was a little sick in the beginning, but nothing bad and it went away after a couple of weeks. I've done everything the same. Healthy diet, exercise, no prenatal vitamins, and absurd amounts of water. I feel great. You move all the time, more assertively than your brother did. It's funny. I'm very aware that you're in there all the time. 

I'm incredibly nervous about you. I'll be honest, I absolutely wanted you to be a boy! Not for any mean reason, I think little girls are wonderful, and I'm already so glad that you are who and what you are. I'm nervous because my relationship as a young girl with my mother and other woman figures wasn't very positive. I don't know that I know how to be a mother to a girl. I'm afraid that with no experience to pull from, the difficult times will get the best of me and I'll do something terribly wrong. And that frightens me.
Of course, I had no frame of reference for raising your brother either, and he has so far turned out fine! We have a great relationship and I can't wait to have that with you as well.

I can't believe that you'll be here in like, 7 weeks! Well, you're scheduled to, anyway. I have a feeling you'll show up whenever you want. We're in the process of moving, so soon I'll have your room all put together and ready for you. I can't wait. You don't know this yet, but your mommy designs one heck of a nursery. 
See you soon!

No comments: