Sunday, July 22, 2012

my mommy must-haves


 1. Baby Legs. I never thought about how annoying it would be to take pants on and off an infant all day. These keep his legs warm and his diaper easily accessible.
2. California Baby Diaper Area Wash. This stuff is magical. A few days after coming him, Yams got the worst diaper rash. Bleeding diaper rash. It was awful. I tried all different creams and lotions and ointments... finally switching to a sensitive skin wipe and this spray cleared it up in a day. Love it.
3. Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddles. Lightweight enough to swaddle him in, even with this Florida heat. They're super soft and only get softer after each wash. Big enough to serve as a carseat/stroller cover too. 
4. Soothie Pacifiers. I didn't know if I wanted to use pacifiers or not. Sometimes they're great, they help him (and mom!) calm down. He hates the regular kind. I always have one of these in my bag, and a backup somewhere else nearby.
5. Petunia Pickle Bottom Touring Tote. I love this bag. It carries everything I need for Liam. Diapers, wipes, bottles, change of clothes, pacifier, and it comes with a changing pad. I'm thinking about getting a larger bag, so that I can carry more of my essentials around, but this bag is perfect for just baby things. It's adorable, too! I get so many compliments on it. This pattern is called "Turkish Sea Roll" and has been discontinued. They have lots more though!
6. Lil' Squirtz burp cloths. These were a gift (I have a different pattern than the one shown) and they're awesome. Super soft. Super absorbent. They're made from cloth diaper inserts, so they can take a beating. Love them.
7. Bright Starts Ingenuity Portable Swing. He loves this thing. It plays music, has different speeds, and a timer. It folds up when you aren't using it and it takes up barely any space. The neutral colors also make it look nice, even in the living room. I don't want my living room to look like Disney Land threw up in it.
8. California Baby Calendula Cream. I use this on everything. It's like a wonder cream. I'm tempted to use it as my regular moisturizer.
9. California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash. It smells like lavender (we all know how I feel about that) and it's wonderfully mild on his baby skin. No tears when it gets in his eyes. It's natural, with no sulfates or parabens or synthetic fragrances. I use it on my own face when my lupus flares up and it works wonders.
There are other things I love (his BlaBla dolls, pacifier clips) but these are what I would consider my essentials. There are a few things that I thought I'd want/need and don't use at all, but that's for a different post.
 =)

1 comment:

Erin said...

And you used to make fun of Kaitlyn's babylegs ... bwahahahaha!! You've seen the light. ;-) I gave up on 'em with the boys though, Texas is so hot that most of the time they end up in just a diaper - but that's okay cause the cloth dipes are cute enough to stand on their own.