Sunday, August 5, 2012

"you're gonna need a bigger bag."

 As much as I love the styling of my PPB Touring Totes... I was running out of room. Not on my quick jaunts to the store or around town, but if I was going to be gone for more than a couple of hours, I found myself running out of precious diaper bag space. Liam's bottles are bigger now, and take up more space. So are his diapers. Not only that, but I didn't have the room to carry my things as well, so often it was necessary to bring my own purse.
So I got another one.
 I'd heard rave reviews on the Cake by Petunia Cosmopolitan Carryall, but couldn't justify the steep price tag. $349 for a diaper bag?
So when I saw my favorite (and now no longer on the PPB website) Cake pattern, Juniper Berry Crumb Cake, at Poshtots, I was a little intrigued. They had the Cosmo Carryall on sale for $260, which is less than I paid for Ricky's Rucksack.
I decided that it was worth it, and if it didn't work out I could always return it.
This bag is amazing. It's thin, but opens up at the top like a doctor bag and fits everything.
 From top to bottom:
1 8-oz bottle
Diaper area cream
Keys
Wipes 
Pacifier wipes
2 onesies
My wallet
My makeup bag
5 diapers
Johnson's baby face wipes
Another 8 oz bottle
-in the side pocket I had a pacifier, in the other side pocket I had my cell phone and lip balm.
It all packs up quite nicely. The changing pad is in a zippered compartment on the bottom of the bag, freeing up even more space inside than if you had to keep it in the bag.
I'm quite pleased.

No comments: