Monday, August 20, 2012

How did this happen?

I don't know when you turned into a 4 month old (yes I do, it was yesterday) but it's weird...
He's so big! To me, at least. He's sitting up, putting things in his mouth, and making weirder and louder noises every day. His favorite words are "Agerrrrsch" and "Huhuhuhu."
I'm pretty sure anyway.
He's amazing. He eats at 8,12,4, and 8, and those are 8 oz bottles. He gets snacks in between, usually 2 oz, if he gets hungry. He goes to bed right after his last bottle, right around 8:15, and sleeps through the night until at least 7 am. He's been on that schedule for almost 8 weeks now. He's incredible.
Mind you, that schedule wasn't his doing, it was mine, but it wasn't hard. Took maybe...2 days? 3?
That's it. He seems to understand bed time. Right before his last bottle I change his diaper and put on pajamas (anything with feet, no blankets in the crib and we don't want a chilly baby) and cradle him for his bottle. I sing him a song, usually "Vincent" by Don McLean or "Wonderful Tonight" but Eric Clapton, and then go lay him down. I kiss him goodnight, then turn out the light and walk out. Easy as pie.
He's napping less and less during the day lately too, which makes for some fussy moments but for a good night's rest.
I love this little man so much.

No comments: