Thursday, August 15, 2013

My boy, I promise

To always push you on the swings, even if my arms get tired.

To always kiss you goodnight, even if you're already asleep.

To teach you how to ride a bike.

To let you choose your own outfits, even if they look ridiculous.

To never hurt your feelings on purpose, and to always say I'm sorry if I do.

To dance with you.

To always find time to play.

To read Goodnight Moon 37 times in a row.

To always give you good, healthy foods to eat.

To never make you feel alone or neglected.

To take you to the park.

To brush your teeth even though you hate it.

To let you watch Elmo's World even though I hate it!

To never, ever make you feel like I don't love you.

To always hold your hand when you stick it up and go "Ah!"

To help you learn whenever and wherever I can.

To let you make messes.

To let you splash me at bathtime.

To show you how much I love you every day.


No comments: